Another Testimony

Another testimony from a discussion group which throws more light on DM.

Perhaps I can add a little background to the discussion about David Munrow, whom I admired very much.  I was a contemporary of his at King Edward's School Birmingham, where he was notable initially for his fine treble voice and later for his excellent basoon playing. Even at the age of 14 when he starred in the junior play he had tremendous charisma and I remember him singing some lusty bass songs with great gusto....... I remember noting that on the weekend when his death was announced that he appeared in three different programs on radio and television.


The above has been edited, and originated from a google forumpost dealing with music.
Logged

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Performance Practice of David Munrow and the Early Music Consort of London : Medieval Music in the 1960s and 1970s

Overview of the Munrow Archive

Welcome to the Early Music Legend....